Monday, June 2, 2008

Mark and Heidi came to town

Mark and Heidi on their first airboat ride!
The "wild" alligators and pigs on our airboat ride at Billie's Swamp Safari

Check out those sexy red legs!!
We went to see the crocs down at the southwest end of Florida

This one is the biggest we've ever seen!! It was probably 10-12 feet but it's hard to see in the water!
Josh and I on the airboats


Kayaking in Key Largo
We saw lots of stingrays, a shark, some barracuda, and lots of fish!

This is before they all got sunburned!! Nice and white!! ;)

So if it hasn't been obvious yet, I had much needed break from school!! The first little bit of it was spent in Texas visiting family (the post below), and then the following week our great friends Mark and Heidi came to visit!! We had a great time trying to show them around Miami. Unfortunately everyone except me got completely fried while kayaking in Key Largo the first real day they were here...therefore we tried to stay indoors the remainder of the week! :) We also took a few adventures to the everglades to check out the alligators and crocs...one of mine and Josh's favorite things to do. We shopped, walked the beach, ate yummy gelato and had a grand ole time! Come back and visit again please!!

3 comments:

Ra-call-dee... said...

Looks like fun! I love the pics. That croc is crazy!

Ryan + Jess said...

I wish we lived near water - ANY water! It looks so fun, except the crocodiles of course.

The Barbers said...

That is so great that you had a break from school! It looks like you guys had a great time..I haven't seen Mark in ages! How fun:)