Thursday, January 14, 2010

2009 in review

I saw this on my friends blog so I decided to do it as well.

January 2009
Stressful month! I spent so many hours studying for Boards and was sure I had failed. But, I didn't! :) Finally decided to take the job in Colby, Kansas. Packed all our things, said goodbye to good friends and beautiful Miami and moved halfway across the country. Josh celebrated his birthday driving a Uhaul.

February 2009
Lived in a hotel for a week while we searched for possible housing options in Colby. Started a new job at 35 weeks pregnant. Spent the majority of the month unpacking and moving into our new home and lives.

March 2009
Welcomed our sweet son Jackson into the world on March 12. What a miracle he is! 2 weeks later we headed to California to show off Jackson and get out of Kansas. We drove back to Kansas stopping in SLC for a few days. I also celebrated my 26th birthday.

April 2009
We had lots of visitors to Kansas to see our new little man. First came my mom and grandma, then came Josh's parents and then Arianne and her family to celebrate Easter. I was still on maternity leave until the end of the month. Lots of sleepless nights and adjusting to parenthood.

May 2009
My parents took us to St. Thomas for a week and we were also able to spend a few days in Miami seeing friends and staying in our townhouse (we don't have it anymore though). It was a bit crazy taking such a luxurious vacation with an 8 week old but we had a fantastic time and are so grateful we were able to go. Thanks mom and dad! Maternity leave ended and I went back to work full time.

June 2009
Lots of family came out for Jackson's blessing the first of the month which was very special for us. We were also able to go to Utah for a wedding. Kansas warmed up and became more beautiful than I had anticipated.

July 2009
We spent the 4th of July in Lake Tahoe with Josh's parents. It was a whirlwind trip but we had so much fun seeing our family and meeting our new niece Ella! We spent the remainder of the month in Kansas trying to get back into "normal" life! It was hot with beautiful thunderstorms almost every night. And, luckily no tornado.

August 2009
Josh and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary by going to a nasty dinner in Garden City. Although the food was gross we always enjoy each others company and are grateful for the wonderful 3 years we've been married. The rest of the month was pretty uneventful, just work and playing with our son.

September 2009
We had visitors this month, the Stokers, for Labor Day weekend and had so much fun taking them out shooting prairie dogs. Spent many Friday nights at the local high school football games. An old football buddy of Josh's was driving through town and his car broke down on I-70. We invited him to stay with us until his car got fixed. Jackson officially becomes mobile!

October 2009
Went to Colorado to the Mitchell's cabin! It was so fun to see the beautiful fall leaves and enjoy nature to it's fullest! Sam continues to stay with us as he applies for a job in Colby. Jackson celebrates his first Halloween as a bat!!

November 2009
We finally get health insurance and Jackson gets super sick and scares us to death! Temperature to 105 F and labored breathing. He gets better as quickly as he gets sick and the next week gets his first tooth! Sam moves into his own place. My mom comes to visit for a weekend. Josh's parents come for a week for Thanksgiving.

December 2009
I unexpectedly get laid off from my job and we try to get a plan in order to get our family back on our feet. We head to Utah for the holidays. Jackson gets 5 more teeth. We continue to search and apply for jobs and look forward to stability in our life once more!!

4 comments:

Ra-call-dee... said...

What a great post! I wanted it to just continue!

Sharon said...

Lindsey, I am so sorry about your job.We will keep you in our prayers as you continue your search.
I am so glad that Jackson was able to get better so quickly.

Kim said...

Where is AZ are you guys moving? I am glad you found a job.

Sara McClellan said...

I would totally come boating in Havasu if it were about 30 degrees warmer right now! How fun! How about since it sounds like you are moving to AZ, we plan a trip after I have my baby and we meet you guys in Havasu? Or Powell? And we would both have cute little boys tagging along!