For all of you who didn't know already, Josh and I moved to Colby, Kansas. Where is that you ask? Well it's a tiny little town in Northwest Kansas, about 60 miles from the Colorado state line (I think) and around 3 hours from Denver, right off of the I-70. We miss our home and life in Miami but we are really excited to start a new chapter of our lives here in Colby. I accepted a job working in a family practice clinic here and am excited to start working as a "real" physician assistant (I am now board certified! Yay!). Josh plans on pretty much taking over the town, and he will also be caring for our baby and attending classes at the local college.
Josh and I are currently living in a hotel...yep, a hotel. Apparently there aren't too many rental options out here and well to buy a house right now is a little sketchy so we are living in a hotel. Each day we venture out hoping to find something that will spark our interest, turn our head, or just anything that we can live in without having to put a down payment on!! We are searching and really do hope to find something to live in before the week is over (I mean if we were living at the Ritz or something then maybe we wouldn't mind but the Days Inn???) Plus, hotel living adds up fast...all while our "stuff" sits outside our window in a Uhaul truck.
Josh spent 40 hours driving from Miami to Colby last week (while I enjoyed seeing friends and family in Utah) and he video recorded his trip. As soon as we get settled we will show pictures of our new town as well as Josh's adventure across the country. In the meantime, we are alive and well and miss all of our family and friends very much.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Kansas Update...
Posted by
The Clark Family
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
we miss you too
We miss you guys too. It's just not the same without the Clark family. I am guessing you passed your big test? Well, goodluck with the new job, and enjoy your new chapter in life in Kansas.
That was a fast move. Enjoy checking out your new town.
That is so exciting! Wow you are so brave! Lots of changes...new babe, new town, new job! Congrats and good luck with everything
Post a Comment